The FCT chapter of the Clinical Pharmacists Association of Nigeria (CPAN) this week elected its first ever executive committee to run the affairs of the state chapter of the Association. The first if its kind event which was hosted at the Wuse District hospital was attended by Clinical Pharmacy enthusiasts from across the FCT.
The FCT coordinator of CPAN said that the chapter was meant to be the heart and a center of excellence in Clinical Pharmacy practice in Nigeria. Consequently they would be drawing up plans for Clinical presentations to be delivered on the National platform during the CPAN national weekly Clinical meetings. Members were also requested to come up with suggestions on topics to be presented by the state chapter when the National Education committee schedules a Clinical presentation.
The newly inaugurated executive of CPAN FCT chapter include :
- State coordinator- Pharm Folorunsho Adegbola Sunday
- Deputy coordinator- Pharm Bukola Tikare
- Secretary - Pharm Frank Akajiofor
- Assist. Sec - Pharm Abdullahi Hafsat Ahmed
- Finance Officer 1. - Pharm Lillian Agwaza
- Finance Officer 2 - Pharm Rose Aghaebe
- PRO - Pharm Hafsat Mamman
- Unofficial- Pharm Zainab Galadima
- Unofficial- Pharm Dr. Albert Kellong
- Unofficial- Pharm Joshua Eromosele
Here are Photos of the event which held at the Wuse District Hospital Conference room in the heart of Abuja the Federal Capital Territory.
Commenting on the inaugutation the National Chairman of the Clinical Pharmacists Association of Nigeria (CPAN) Dr Joseph Madu expressed delight at the development describing it as "more than heartwarming". He encouraged the newly elected executive to be steadfast in their resolve to be a center of excellence. He also pledged all needed support from the CPAN National executive to the Association's Chapter in FCT as its strategic position in the scheme of things cannot be overlooked.